September 25, 2020  
 E-mail us


Frequently Asked Questions

Joining LBMAO

Q: How do I become a member of the LBMAO?

A: Employers of all sizes, including sole proprietorships are eligible for membership (for participation in the LBMAO Group Insurance Program, members must have at lease three employees). Interested employers should contact Lumber and Building Materials Association of Ontario.

Q: How do I become eligible for participation in the LBMAO Employee Benefits Group?

A: Participation in the LBMAO Volume Purchasing Program is an exclusive membership privilege offered by the LBMAO. All members of the LBMAO with three or more employees are eligible to participate in the LBMAO Employee Benefits Program. Interested LBMAO members or prospective members should contact Morneau Shepell.

back to top


Q: When is my premium payment due?

A: Payment is due the first business day of the billing month (i.e. January 1 for January). Invoices are mailed in advance of the due date.

Q: When are notices of employee changes due?

A: To ensure that employee coverage changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, etc…) are added to your next premium statement, notify Morneau Shepell, prior to the 12th of the month (as detailed in the Administrative Procedures section).

Q: Is it required that we adjust our monthly premium payment to reflect the changes we are submitting?

A: No. We ask that you submit changes without adjusting the premium amount due. Your next invoice will indicate the credit or the back charges for the changes submitted.

Q: We have a new hire who needs to be added to the plan. Do we send the Plan Member Enrolment Form with our premium?

A: No. The enrolment form should be faxed to your nearest Morneau Shepell Office.

Q: Is there a waiting period that must be satisfied before new employees can be added to the group plan?

A: The CPIA program’s waiting period can be found on the benefit summary included in the Employee Handbook.

back to top

Policy Administration

back to top


Q: Who is considered a full-time student?

A: A student must be taking at least 10 credit hours at an accredited educational institution to be considered as a full-time student. An individual can be considered a full time student up to the age of 25.

Q: How many hours must an employee work to be eligible for enrolment?

A: Please refer to the benefit summary found in the Employee Handbook for details on the minimum work week.

Q: Do all of my employees have to enrol in the health insurance plan?

A: All eligible employees, unless insured with comparable coverage through a spouse, are required to enrol in the health insurance plan. Employees eligible to waive coverage must complete the Waiver of Coverage form. Contact Morneau Shepell with questions.

back to top

General Issues

Q: Are Plan Members covered for medical treatment while outside their province of residence?

A: If your plan covers Out-of-Country benefits and if a Plan Member suddenly become ill while travelling, they should call the Green Shield Canada Worldwide Travel Assistance hotline at 1 (800) 936-6226 (from the USA and Canada) or (519) 742-3556 (collect from anywhere else in the world). The customer service representatives at Green Shield Canada can help co-ordinate your coverage options.

back to top

ID Cards

Q: A Plan Member has not received their Pay-Direct Drug card and they need to fill a prescription. What should they do?

A: The best option is to pay for the service and file a paper claim for reimbursement, attaching original receipts. Be sure to keep copies of all receipts submitted.

back to top

Dental/ Vision

back to top

If you have any further questions, please contact us; we'll be glad to help you.

Last updated on:  Tuesday, May 29, 2012  Page: 

This information is not intended for use without professional advice. While we have attempted to make this site as accurate as possible, it is only a summary. For more information, see our disclaimer.

© Morneau Shepell Ltd., 2002-2020
All Rights Reserved.